Makeup Removal Routine

Removing your makeup before going to sleep is key to having clear skin. Allowing makeup to build up causes blocked pores and lead to break outs! I used to use makeup wipes to remove my makeup and then washed my face was a gentle face wash, I thought this was enough but I found that I still had foundation on my skin. So I started to look for product which are gentle on the skin but also remove all signs of makeup.

I introduced a few more products into my routine but my skin reacted really badly and I had spots all over my forehead! So I began cutting down on the number of products I was using and went back to what worked for me and also added a micellar water.

I will be going through each step in my makeup removal routine along with the products. After I come home from university first thing I do is take off my makeup and let my skin breath! I use Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes to remove my foundation and my eye makeup, I have used other brands of face wipes but I find simple to be the most gentle for sensitive skin. The material is soft and it is contains ingredients such as vitamin B5, vitamin E along with purified water. It does not contain any harsh chemicals or perfume, I have never had any irritation using it. Also, simple face wipes are a good price for a product that you have to repurchase often.



After using the face wipe I go in with Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water, I apply it to a cotton pad and cleanse my face and eyes to remove any makeup left on my skin. I really like this micellar water, it is suitable for sensitive, normal to dry skins, it is also suitable for the eyes as stated by Bioderma; I personally haven't experienced any irritation when using it to remove my eye makeup or on my skin. It is pretty good at removing makeup and you don't need a lot of product or many cotton pads each time. Sensibio H2O micellar water does not require rinsing but I rinse anyway as I need to apply the third product in my routine.



Final product I use is a face wash, I have mentioned in my previous posts that I have very dry and sensitive skin so not all products are suitable for my skin. As mentioned in my Acne treatment post (Click HERE to read) I have been using the Freederm Sensitive Facial Wash for a few years, it has not caused any skin reaction and I always go back to it. For the past few months I have been using the Simple Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash Gel which I purchased from Superdrug.



I use the simple facial wash to remove any left over makeup that the first two products may have missed. I haven't experienced my skin drying out as a result of this product which is often a problem when I try out a new face wash. After this step my skin is free of makeup and you can check this by using a cotton pad to look for any excess foundation on your skin.

My current makeup removal routine is easy, quick and only requires 3 products which are not too expensive (price list below). I always go to bed with all makeup completely removed from my skin because I know for sure if I sleep with foundation on then I will wake up with spots! It may also lead to signs of aging appearing early.

Prices:
Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes £3.29 (Boots)
Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water 100ml £5.00 (Boots)
Freederm Sensitive Facial Wash £5.25 (Boots)
Simple Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash Gel £3.45 (Superdrug)

Thank you for reading x


No comments