Kimchee


I had never been to kimchee so this was the first time I was trying their food and experiencing their service. Kimchee is a Korean restaurant based in King's Cross and the other in Holborn, I went to the one in Pancras square in King's Cross, there was a nice atmosphere at the restaurant it wasn't too busy when we first went in around 6pm however it did get very busy an hour later but their service was great despite it being busy.

For starters we tried Yang Yeum Chicken which is battered chicken in sweet chilli sauce served in a rice basket. I don't usually like sweet chilli but I liked it as the taste wasn't too strong. We also tried the Chicken Katsu Finger which was 6 chicken strips coated in cripsy breadcrumbs and it came was katsu sauce. The chicken strips were succulent and tender and it tasted really nice with the katsu sauce. I enjoyed this over the Yang Yeum Chicken but I couldn't find fault in either dish and I would order both again next time I go.

Yang Yeum Chicken
Chicken Katsu Finger
I am very fussy when it comes to my food so I wanted to stick to something safe for my main dish, I ordered the chicken udon noodle. The dish was a stir fried noodle and vegetables with sliced breaded chicken in sweet soy sauce and sesame oil. When I first tried the noodles it tasted really nice and so did the chicken but soon I began to taste how rich the soy sauce is, and I personally would have preferred less soy sauce as it was very strong for me; overall I did enjoy the thick noodles and the chicken slices were nice and crispy on the outside and well cooked. I couldn't finish my dish as there was a lot of chicken plus noodles so I would say it is a big portion.

The staff were friendly and willing to provide recommendations, the food arrived in good time so we didn't have to wait a long time between our starter and main course which was great because I really dislike a long break between food when I go to a restaurants, it makes me forget I was hungry!

Overall my first time eating at Kimchee was very nice, the only negative I have to say is the rich soy sauce used for the udon noodle being too strong for my taste otherwise I had a great time and will most likely be going back especially for their starters!

Thank you for reading x

No comments